Wednesday 1 August 2012

Couch to 5k

Hi everyone, I recently asked on twitter if anyone would be interested in joining me on the couch to 5k fitness programme.
My fitness has dropped dramtically and I haven't been to the gym in a shamefully long time so thought I ought to sort myself out!
Running is not my strong point, I love to swim and cycle but not run so this seemed like something to get me going!

You download the podcasts free off the NHS website and then put them on your mp3 player/ipod and the lady talks you through what you have to do. 
It is so nice to have a good guide and this lady says we will now jog for 60 seconds or brisk walk, counts you down and then the music plays while you do whatever she has said.

I think it's a great idea for total beginners to running like me and I will be posting my progress on here week by week.

Whilst reading up on it I did find a few versions of this and if this one didn't suit you there are paper ones if you can time yourself well while you run, here's an example.
I am in no way saying to use this one as I feel the NHS would be the most trustworthy route to go down but it is just to show the variety out there.

It is not too late to join me on the couch to 5k as I am starting this evening so head over to the NHS website and download the podcast for week one and let me know how you go.

Is there any other online fitness programmes you have tried or still use?

No comments:

Post a Comment