Monday 18 June 2012

Bake with Becky! Schwartz rosemary roasted chicken and potatoes kit

Hi everyone, I love to cook but not anything that doesn't come easy!  So when I saw the Schwartz Rosemary roasted chicken and potatoes I thought it sounded tasty and wouldn't test my cooking skills too much!
The kit is basically six spices so once you've brought the kit once the measurements for the spices are on the back you can get the herbs and spices instead if you wish.


This recipe is so simple and easy, if I can do it anyone can!!  You just need a few extra pieces.

Chicken thighs (although next time I am using breast as I much prefer the meat)
A lemon
Some runny honey
A red onion
Baby potatoes

Slice the baby potatoes and scatter them on the bottom of you dish. 
Sprinkle over the rosemary and garlic granules with a bit of olive oil and shake then pop in the oven at 220c for 20 minutes.


While that's cooking combine the lemon pepper, oregano, paprika and thyme in a bowl with the honey and lemon juice (salt is optional at this stage but I didn't and it still was fine!)
Give it a mix, then coat the chicken with it.  Leave it until the potatoes have been in 20 minutes
Then push th chicken down in the potatoes, sprinkle the chopped red onion on top and and pop back in the oven (you must reduce the temerature to 200c at this point) and after 40-45 minutes it should be ready!
I served mine with green veg and it was soooo tasty!
The flavours were fabulous and it was such a nice and easy tea I have done it again since!

What's your favorite easy tea?






No comments:

Post a Comment