Friday 15 November 2013

Birchbox UK November 2013

For the past five months or so birchbox have been using a new courier and since becoming birchbox and having a new courier I have never failed to be impressed with their boxes!




This month the box came with a usual card with the theme name on it and this months is icons.  It also has five postcards with it and these have a tutorial, what to watch, listen to, do and check out.  One of the cards have words of wisdom which are quotes from well known people, one card is a gift guide and the last one is for you to fill in and share about your icons.

The first thing I noticed with this box was actually the smell!  It smelt of almost Christmas when I opened the box and that was because of these!


Some Pukka tea samples.  I love tea and will try these, I got the flavors three cinnamon (this may account for the Christmas smell!), elderberry and echinacea and earl grey.  This is a nice sample provided you are a tea fan!

Next we I received the Laura Mercier body butter in vanilla.  


It said you could have received either vanilla or fresh fig and to be honest I fancied trying fig as I am not a huge vanilla fan, I don't like how sweet it can be, however after smelling this I take that back!!  This does smell sweet but not in a sickly way and on the skin it turns to a warm vanilla scent, delicious for this time of year and I will begin using this tomorrow properly!

Then was the Weleda replenishing oat shampoo.


I love Weleda products and this says it is organic (perfect) and contains jojoba oil to smooth, reduce breakage and improve suppleness.  Perfect sample for me!

Then was the Chella highlighter pencil.


This says you can use it to add glow to the areas you wish to accentuate and this can be anywhere from your brow bones to cheekbones, a great all rounder if you ask me.  I photographed it with the birchbox pencil sharpener as this was the goodie this month and I felt this was good thinking on their part!

Next I received the Spa Find sculpted silhouette intensive bust firming extract serum (phew!)


This says it boosts collagen production, repairs sun damage and improves tone and firmness.  I am not a busty lady and I have two children and still feel I am fine it that department so I won't be using this.  I will however pass it on to my Mum as she is more blessed in that area and a little older and may find use for it.

Finally something most complain about, a perfume sample!


This is the English Laundry signature for her eau de parfum.  I am not overly fussed on perfume samples, they don't offend me, I'd rather not get them but hey ho sometimes you do and this one smells OK!  I think as long as they smell wearable then why not pop them in your handbag for emergencies as they can come in handy!

So this month was a little hit and miss, there are products I am so impressed with and others which are meh!  All in all though I am happily sniffing my Laura Mercia body butter and that will keep me very happy for now!

Did you get a Birchbox and what did you get in yours?


1 comment:

  1. Mine are quite similar except that I got the lipstick which broke after 1st time of use. http://littleblingring.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete