Wednesday 12 October 2011

Elf haul!

I recently put in an order at ELF and I only ever do this when they either have a 50% off or I really want something!  Last time I went a bit crazy and ordered quite a bit for me so I will do a quick review on the products I have tried out and the rest will come later.  Here is my order.

I odered 3 nail polishes in Berry Pink, Moonlight and Mod Mauve none of which I've tried yet but will let you know what I think of them.  I also ordered a few brushes mainly for eyes again I haven't had a real go I
wth them yet but they feel lovely and the crease brush I ordered I'm very excited about.  I ordered the therapeutic conditioning lip balm in Strawberry creme which I smelt OK, however the mechanism broke and I had to push it back in with my fingers and it flaked on my lips but once rubbed in a bit it stayed on my lips for ages and left a nice coating on them.  I ordered the corrective concealer which has 3 or 4 different colour concealers in it and I can't wait to try this at a later date.  Now for the products I have actually tried!!
The essential 32 piece eye palette in natural, when this came I fell in love with it instantly!
The shades are actually darker than in the picture, they just lightened in the flash.  For me it is the perfect everyday palette and great for a day to night look too.
There is every basic shade in there, a few are matt and some are shimmery, but with this palette you could create some very subtle day looks or some hot night time ones too, it is a great alrounder, I'm really glad I ordered this and am looking forward to experimenting!

I ordered  studio blushes, Tease and heartbreaker.  This was another product I was interested in trying as I quite like cream blushes at the moment.  Here is a swatch of them.
The top shade is Tease which was a nice brownish shade (sorry about the pictures I'm trying to find the right lighting!), this has a lovely texture to it and is fairly pigmented, however it wasn't quite right for my skintone but I may use it for contouring sometime.
The bottom shade is Heartbreaker which is a really fun pink shade, it's quite bright and pigmented (sorry if my photo doesn't do it justice).  After a bit of blending and a few minutes for it to settle it was a lovely colour and if you really wanted a pop of colour you could really get some pop from this or like I did a few layers for a more subtle look.

I also ordered 3 studio powder blushes from top to bottom they are Mellow Mauve, Blushing Rose and Tickled Pink.

Mellow Mauve is a lovely shade which is very wearable evryday, it wasn't too shimmery and was for me perfectly pigmented for building up or subtly having a little on.
Blushing Rose was quite pigmented, it was also a bit shimmery.  It looks almost deep plum red when I swatched it however I haven't really worn this shade yet.
Tickled pink was the least pigmented and it barely showed up on camera even once I built it up a bit.  This would be perfect for me in the winter as I get really pale and would be lovely during the day but it would need building up a bit!

The last product I tried was a radience blush in Coy, I'm a huge fan of Elfs radience blushes so was excited to get this.
It looks incredibly shimmery in the packaging and was really pigmented, it's a lovely rich colour and reminded me of some bronzers I've got (will post them when I remember which ones!)  This was such a rich colour for me I would definately wear it on a night out but was too dark for me during the day.

That was my Elf haul, I will post the rest of the reviews once I've tried them.  Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment