Sunday 22 January 2012

The Secret book review

Hi everyone, firstly I'd like to appologise for the lack of postings, I still have this worse than a cold but not quite flu thing and to be honest it's driving me mad!  I have no energy at all so haven't been out and about as much as usual so haven't had time to try many new products.  What I have had time for is reading so I thought I'd post a review of one of the books I go back to again and again and have re-read this last few weeks.
The book is called The secret.
This isn't a self-help book however it is great for motivation and reminding you to be grateful for things.
I first read it when I was in a place where everything was trundling along nicely and I was perfectly happy but lacked a bit of drive for my ultimate goals and I found this book really really helped.
I won't give too much away but it is a fantastic book for when little things aren't going right or someones getting to you.
As I said before I'm not giving too much away but I will give you an example of something that has stuck with me from it.
The mirror.  I have heard this theory before but phrased differently and it is basically referring to if someone has an issue with you it is them them reflecting an issue they have onto you and vise versa.  A great example was this lady I knew really got under my skin and it made me look at the reasons why she did.  One if the main reasons was she was always coming accross as if she was the perfect Mother and was always saying about crafts and things she had done with her children and it annoyed me soooo  much.  After reading this section on the mirror I took a long hard look at why this annoyed me and it was because I'm always afraid of failing my children and not doing enough with them and that I'm not the perfect mother and that is why it annoyed me!
Sounds strange when I say this back but that must have been the root of it and when I speak to her now she doesn't bother me as much!
You have to really read it to really get the gist and to learn the secret (I'm not giving it away!), but if you need a little motivation and help with achieving your goals and letting go of stuf then this is a great read and I would say read it even if you don't as there are lots of life lessons in there to and it has changed my way of thinking.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment