Friday 6 January 2012

High street favorites 2011

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while I have been a bit poorly over the Christmas period and still am not fully recovered yet but I'm getting there!
I had to look through a lot of products to find the products I went back to again and again throughout the year as it's easy doing monthly favorites as they are normally so fresh but to remember what I liked in Febuary 2011 wasn't so easy, but I found the products I have used again and again and are great value for money too so I hop you enjoy reading them.


Here are my high street makeup favorites and I won't go into too much detail about them as most of them I think I have at some point but they are:

Maybelline 24 hour superstay foundation, recently reviewed and I love it. (Link: http://babybeautybargains.blogspot.com/2011/12/which-foundation.html)

Garnier BB cream, I used constantly over summer and have reviewed it. (Link http://babybeautybargains.blogspot.com/search/label/BB%20Creams), I'm looking forward to using this again hopefully in summer.

Revlon photoready concealer, this comes out great on camera and I have grown to rely on it daily!

Elf mineral concealer.  I mentioned sometime ago I was playing with mineral makeup and this product is one I have already repurchased.  I use it to set my undereye concealer and the photoready concealer and it gives real extra coverage, you could use it alone for great coverage it really is that good and I recomend it.

ELF eyebrow kit.  I wanted to try all the HD brow kits going and tried this one first and haven't tried any others as this did a great job for enhancing my eyebrows and I love the finish of it, this has become a part of my daily routine!

No.7 intense volume mascara, this is my goto daily mascara and it gives me lovely volume without being too over the top for daytime.  I discovered this by accident but if you like a good mascara but more subtle for the day then I would get yourself this.

Clinique high impact mascara.  This is for the days I want a bit more oomph in my eyebrows, it is very black and non-clumpy and looks fab!  I got this as a trial sample but will probably buy the full size in the next month.

Maybelline one by one volume express mascara.  I think Maybelline do the best mascaras on the high street and this one didn't disappoint me at all!  I love using this and feel my lashes are really long and defined whenever I use this, another massive recomendation!

L'Oreal blush in True Rose, at first I wasn't sure on this but the more I use it the more I liked it.  It is perfect for my skintone and I use it pretty often.

ELF studio blush in Tickled Pink.  I have swatched this (http://babybeautybargains.blogspot.com/2011/10/elf-haul.html) and really love this blush.  Again it's another staple and perfect for us English roses!!

ELF 32 piece eyeshadow.  I am a huge fan of this and it is amazing how many looks you can create with this, it has matte shades, shimmery shades and a really lovely gold glitter shade, I'd be lost without this recently.

That's most of the highstreet makeup, now for nail polish and I don't think it is any surprise but my all time favorite high street polish it

Rimmel pro (this shade is beige babe and not my favorite shade but an example!)  This applies amazingly and dries fast and most shades I have found really oppaque.  I can't rave enough about this nail polish, amazing!

Then we have skincare, here are my favorite skincare products.

I will start with the tall pinky bottle and that is the Body Shop Natrulift softening cream cleanser.  It smells divine and is a lovely consistency.
I have gone back to this again and again this year so much that even the smell brings back memories from early on in the year!  I have the first dreaded signs of ageing and this does smooth and soften my skin beautifully.  I'm using this at the moment.

As you can see I have just started another set of tubs of this and this is the Bodyshop brazil nut body scrub and body butter.  I love the smell of these and use them when the weathers a little colder as I feel like they are lovely and rich and a real treat for my skin.  They smell almost cocoa butter like and are just divine!!

This product shocked me a little and it is the Lacura (sold in Aldi) moisterising eye cream.  I use this every night and it really does an amazing job of moisterising my eyes and hopefully will do some good in these early signs!  It's really resonable and I prefer it to some creams I have paid 5 times that amount for, a great buy!


This is the only hair product I'm putting on here as I rotate my haircare so much so my hair doesn't get too used to a product, but this I used again costantly through the summer and is a great product to have for those days you want a hairstyle but quite frankly can't be bothered!  This is Umberto Giannini scrunch jelly.  All you do is to damp hair work a small amount through then scrunch!!  I then spritz with hairspray and keep scrunching for the next 30 mins and voila!  My friend and husband told me it's how they love my hair the most so that must be a great product and for minimal effort, fantastic product!

So that's all my 2011 products, I hope they've been interesting or useful and I hope you enjoyed reading.  Speak to you soon, thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment