Tuesday 15 May 2012

Babyliss Big hair review

Hi everyone, this review may seem a little behind the times as this product has been around for a while, but truth be told I didn't want to have it a week and rave about it, I wanted it at least a month and have a lot of use out of it before I reviewed it.
The Babyliss Big Hair is basically a large heated hairbrush that you can make rotate either direction giving the effect of how a professional would blow dry it.  The brush head itself blows hot air like a hairdryer would.
The blue button you can see controls the heat setting and there are two different heat settings and the black buttons above that control the direction in which the brush head rotates.
I thought at first it would be very hard to control and would get tangled and after watching a few Youtube videos I gave it a go and it was as simple as the videos made it look!
I wandered a few things before I purchased this and here are the questions and answers.

How wet/dry does my hair have to be to use it?  I would say 80-90% dry for the best result.
Are the direction controls difficult to get the hang of?  Not at all!  After 2 uses I had got the hang of them and believe me hair is not what I'm good at!
Can it get caught/tangled in your hair?  I have got it tangled in my hair but I simply changed the direction of the head and it untangled itself, it really won't happen often.
Does it really give great results?  For me yes!  I think this product gives me the nearest result to a proper blow dry as I will ever get at home. 
Does the head get really hot?  Not at all.  It gets pleasently warm and I have never ever burnt my fingers on it and I don't think it would be possible to!
Is it worth it?  I feel it is worth it, especially if like me you like the blowdried look and find blowdrying your hair a bit of a task!
Is it really that easy to use?  Yes!  I am rubbish at blowdrying my hair and this made it look like I had blowdried it and it really couldn't be easier to use.

This has changed how I style my hair and my straightners haven't been out of my drawer since I got this, if like me you love a blow dried look and find it difficult to create at home then this is for you!

Do you own this or anything similar and what do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment