Friday 3 February 2012

Lipcare and best lip balms

Hi everyone, I emptied my bag yesterday and found 6 lip balms hiding there!  I'm sure I'm not alone in owning many lip balms and seem to have them everywhere but they're always useful!
I definitely have my favourites and so I thought I'd share them with you.
I'm sure most people own a tin of Vaseline or two and they are hugely popular.  I do like them and find them handy as they are good not just for your lips but they aren't my favourite lip balms.

The Bodyshop do amazing lip butters and balms and their butters are amoung my favourites of all time and I even remeber having them when I was 11!  They are really thick and hydrating and taste delicious!  Their natural roll on lip balms are very oily but leave your lips very glossy, however I don't find them hydrating enough.


Palmers cocoa and mint lip butter is a handbag must!  It's super hydrating, leaves the perfect gloss and really protects your lips.  I love love love it! 
Softlips is a recent purchase and I heard it has a cult like following so had to try it.  It's vanilla flavour but also has a menthol effect on your lips leaving them tingling and refreshed, I'm enjoying it so far!

Here are a couple of random ones I like and one is a Dermalogica age smart one and this is the best ever lip treat!  It is thick but not yuk thick, it stays on lovely.  This was from a beauty box ages ago but I am looking to purchase a full size very soon.
The other is a Bourjois intensive night balm I purchased about a year ago and I am not sure if you can still but this one.  I use it everynight though and it is very hydrating and works a treat for chapped sore lips.

Every night I exfoliate my lips and there are a few ways to do this.  You can use a spare toothbrush and brush them dryly over a sink and that should buff away any dry or dead skin.  You can use a sugar scrub like the ones Lush sell.  I do love these however they are too sweet for me and I don't like the taste of sugar.  Then you could use a lipscuff from the body shop  (http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_Makeup&CatCode=C_Makeup_Lips&prdcode=11720m) which is my preferred way.  It has very fine almost grit pieces in and is such a gentle exfoliant it's brilliant.  I then follow it up with a lip butter of choice and in the mornings my lips look much smoother and not at all flakey.

If I was to recomend two products to keep lips in good order they would be.
The Bodyshop lip scuff (sorry about poor lighting again!) and the palmers dark chocolate and perppermint lip butter, the pair seperate are amazing but together they work amazingly and I have already gone through 2 tubes of the lip butter, it's that lovely to use. 
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment